[QUOTE=yobuck;487384]
Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonkiler View Post
You say a bit more reach. What distance do you think your going to be shooting at?
1k is a long way. 1200 is a really long way.
1400 is wow.

I know you tube has vids of the 2 mile king etc. but that’s spraying and praying work.

On the right day, meaning zero wind, you might be surprised how far you can hit things with a 22 mag.
But then take a 30/06 rifle with a 180 gr bullet loaded to the standard level of velocity and zeroed for 100 yards.
Take a 4’ square pc of plywood and prop it up at 400 yards, and put a target at the middle of it.
Shoot 3 shots at the target, then go see where your bullets hit. or didnt. lol
With the right conditions, and enough elevation adjustment in the scope, seemingly impossible shots might become possible.
But dont be betting what you cant afford to lose that it will happen.

Anyone that has good shooting techniques, and shoots a cartridge with enough velocity & correct bullet type can easily shoot at long ranges. If you use any of the many Ballistic programs that are available, and learn to read wind conditions, shooting long range is no different than shooting groups at 100 yards.

It's not that hard if you know what it takes to do it, reading the wind is the biggest learning curve.
You may think the guy's shooting at KO 2 miles are spraying and praying, but there are so many environmental conditions to over come between the shooter and the target.
The farthest that I shoot is 1793 yards, depending on the changing wind conditions between the shooter and the target from the moment you pull the trigger until the bullet reaches the distance, what should be a perfect shot, becomes a 1-2 ft miss.

This is the 2k yard range that I shoot at-