Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
Good read here with cutaway chamber pictures - https://ackleyimproved.com/chamberin...ey-cartridges/

If I build another rifle it will be a 280AI.

Thanks PhilC.

Obviously I agree with your thinking on your next rifle being a 280 AI, since I am doing the same.

When I decided I wanted a long range, long action, moderate recoil, economic to shoot, high BC bullet launching platform, I took WEEKS considering all the different options. I finally landed on 280 AI cartridge as the best, and most rational choice. Its big DISADVANTAGE is the lack of brass and commercial options... but being a reloader, and being able to convert old 30-06 brass into 280 AI, there really are no issues anymore.

My Nucleus receiver should be here by Tuesday; The KRG Bravo stock is on the FEDEX plane, the Triggertech trigger is also coming as well as head space gauges, barrel nut, barrel nut wrench, magazines, muzzle brake....

Only my barrel from Xcaliber and reloading dies from Brownells are on back order... bummer...

But I may have secured a 30-06 barrel that I can enjoy now and shoot my half can of Korean War surplus ammo with, and also "make reloading brass" in the process...

Next week should be fun.

oh, Another advantage of getting a 30-06 temporary barrel is that I dont need to swap out the bolt head and I dont need dies cause I dont plan to reload. Just some headspace gauges (and maybe I can borrow some), and that's it!