Welcome!

I've found that more often than not a magazine/feeding issue on the A series rifles is usually caused by the mag being held a little too low in the stock. First thing I'd check is the amount of up and down "play" the magazine has when locked into the stock. A little bit (1/16") is normal as there has to be some, but if 1/8" or more it can allow the mag to rest too low to allow the bolt to strip off the top round. If you think there's too much play, you can test that theory by pushing upward on the mag while allowing the bolt to close to see if that cures the "not picking up a round" issue for ya.

With the magazine catch/hanger being molded into the stock it's not really an easy fix as you would need to add material to the top of that catch/hanger, or add material to the bottom side of the corresponding catch on the magazine itself. Additionally, it could be a tolerance issue with either the stock or the magazine. The first A17 I received for review suffered from the same issue and I had to try 4 or 5 different magazine before I found one that fed reliably.