Quote Originally Posted by MT_Hunter View Post
Do you think this also applies to an aluminum bedding block like in a choate? Or what about a devcon bedded laminate stick. Very interesting concept. I'll have to look into testing this with my rifles.

What type of tool do you use to set torque on your action screws? Is it like a nut driver that you can set the torque? Or do you use a ratchet type torque wrench?

Thanks for posting about this.
I don't think it matters what kind of torque wrench you use, as long as its repeatable. In fact, after setting the front screw torque, an allen wrench in the rear screw and gradually torquing it will work perfectly while letting the target tell you when you've hit the sweet spot. Then place a mark on the head of the screw so you'll know if it has loosened.

As for bedding a laminate stock, all of my stocks are bedded and pillared laminates. When using an aluminum bedded stock, be aware that aluminum is tricky to get epoxy to adhere to it as it forms a very hard oxide very quickly. Sand lightly, clean thoroughly, us an adhesion promoter or clear alodine and bond quickly, within 30 minutes.