Quote Originally Posted by lkgmadmax View Post
The Savage firearm company has changed hands recently they are no longer offering historical letters. The ledger information on the pistols is being transitioned to a museum who will be providing historical information on the serial numbered pistols later in the future. In a phone call yesterday Savage indicated that they will post on their website once this transition is complete so that collectors can contact the museum (Museum name unknown at this time) regarding the acquisition of a letter.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
This morning I received this response to my inquiry regarding historical letters from Savage:

"Savage Arms is no longer able to perform Historical lookups of firearms. As of July 2020, we have begun transferring our Historical records to the Cody Firearms Museum. Once there, they will be professionally conserved and archived, ensuring they are preserved and accessible for current and future Savage collectors. This process is ongoing, but once completed, historical requests should be directed to the Cody Firearms Museum.

For information on modern production guns (1995 and newer) you are welcome to contact the Savage Service Department."