i do not know....
define replacement bbl
i thread and chamber bbls...that is a replacement bbl to me.
it you mean prefit....that is a whole 'nother can of worms.
i am thinking about a drop in on a 308 single shot, but most likely will buy a blank and thread and chamber it.
o am not applying pure benchrest standards, but industry standards for top ot the line precision bbls.
the SEAL MK 13 uses a lija custom profile bbl but not be standards as these guns are shot in the mud and dirt.
function and quality are required. if i remember correctly these are required to be just under moa at 600 yards.

but the question was still...the best, not almost or what can i afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
I think Mike is taking the highest quality discussion to a higher level. The Bench Rest and the F/Class(Belly Benchrest) community have very high expectations from their barrels. Nothing like the vast majority of us. In that competitive realm there are a few barrel makers and a small group of gunsmiths that continuously produce winners in high level competition.

If you look at some forums you will see sellers with a good supply of barrel blanks. Those are often culls from a larger order to find the ones with the least flaws. It does not mean those barrels are bad it simply means that statistically those flaws could be a contributing factor to the loss of accuracy and precision. It might even come down to the mill certs(traceable quality) on a run of blanks being the best.