Nice! I ordered a .270 LWH with the intent of using it for a lightweight 280ai build, and it shot so good i just decided to keep it as it was. So i bought another Savage lightweight hunter just like it. The kimber is sub MOA and most of the time sub 3/4. I was looking to make something like my kimber Classic select 280ai, but i wanted it to be better accuracy. No matter what i did, i just couldn't get the kimber to go better than 7/8 with hand loads. I figure since most of my savages are better than that it would be easy with an aftermarket barrel on a Savage LWH. After i got a 300 WSM ultralite i changed my thinking and kind of decided if i was to do another lightweight rifle it would be a 6.5 PRC Savage ultralite and the 280ai kimber and .270 LWH will go down the road... and then i picked up a kimber adirondak 7mm-08 because it was half price at Cabelas.
The moral of the story, roll with the punches, and keep your eyes open... but that things can get away from you in a hurry if you don't stick to the plan.
Seriously that is a good plan you have! I would go with a slim profile savage prefit in one of the big name aftermarket barrel makers and you will probably love life