Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
Not "me guys", I posted a link to a $100 Accufit Accustock from a reputable business and offered my take-off Accustock for free. I think the OP has the wood version for his LW 270. But doesn't the wood stock have a plastic mag with plastic lock/release tab? I would put that action in one of the stocks I referenced, use Talley light weight one piece rings, and keep the scope at 3-15x42 or 44 and get a quality pre-fit barrel. Done.... And when I say "I", I mean if I was the OP. Me, "I", doesn't want to shoot a 6.5ish pound 280 AI running 2880 to 29somthing with a 150 - 160 grain bullet.
I wouldn't want to shoot a 6.5 lb. .280ai with 150-160's going 2880 with the wood stock. That's for sure. I've learned a walnut stock transfers recoil to the shoulder more than any other kind of stocks I've used. They're pretty, but I avoid them nowdays. I'm thinking of finding a good quality synthetic stock for my build. Maybe a MPI stock? Not sure yet. But it won't be wood.

Yesterday I lucked into a 116 (stainless) in 30-06 with the tupperware (non-accustock) stock and Axis style magazine. Even with the standard action, it still only weighs 6.25 lbs. I'm going to shoot it as an '06 for this season, and if I am not happy with it, all I have to do is pull the barrel and install a .280ai barrel, and voila!

I'm still on the lookout for a lightweight synthetic stock for a long action and bottom bolt release.