Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
I can attest to that, my 223 wylde will drive nails with 78 to 77, will do 62 gr with acceptable accuracy but 55 or lower have not found a accurate load

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just fired my 10T-SR yesterday for the second time, (bought 2 weeks ago). The first time out I used 55gr Win white box and 55 gr Fed American Eagle, not match obviously but I was curious. The results were around 2"+ with no wind, so not great.

Yesterday I brought 3 boxes of match ammo. Hornady 73grELD Match, Nosler 77gr HPBT Custom Competition, and Federal Premium 73gr Gold Medal Berger Open Tip Match. Everything I read on the net and saw on Youtube said that in my 1:9 .223 barrel, anything over 70gr would not stabilize and may key-hole.

Winds were gusting up to 30 mph, so not great and I did pull shots that affected my groups. I got one sub .5" groups from both the Nosler and the Federal ammo, the majority being .75-1". The Hornady was within 1.25 when if don't count fliers when I screwed up. I have a Savage 10 FP in .308 and it does not like Hornady either?

So what I learned was check for good advice on what to use for your twist but don't follow it as gospel until you have tried it yourself.