Quote Originally Posted by shaffe48 View Post
I also saw the video on backfire and was a little surprised. I didn't realize it was a new age creedmoor type cartridge issue. Guess I know now why my experience has been different.

Other issue with this video is they have a 750 price point but choose a rifle missing many of the features savage offers at this price point. I'm not sure if this is even a true accustock. Then they complain about a lot of the features of the model like the bull barrel and call it a target rifle. Weren't they the ones who chose the model???
The rifle in the video was a special run for a specific distributor/big box store. This is pretty common with Savage, and one of my complaints with them as it just creates confusion for their customers when they can't find it on Savage's website.

If a distributor/big box store is willing to place a large enough order (say 500 units), Savage will build them whatever they want based on their spec's so long as it consists of "off the shelf" regular production parts. Often times these "special run" models will be just like the one in the video where it's pretty much a cheaper version of an existing model minus some features to get a lower price point and/or to get them in calibers that aren't regularly offered in that model. In this case it looks like a 110 Hog Hunter stock with some black webbing sprayed on it, a 110 Tactical barrel and bolt handle, and a very budget muzzle brake. The non AccuFit stock, Axis style magazine and cheap break are the cost cutting measures.

So for example (a ridiculous one), say some big distributor in the midwest thought there was enough demand/interest in a Savage 110 Elite Precision in .350 Legend, they could call up Savage and they'd be happy to make it for them so long as the order was for enough units to justify doing it.