Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
I hear ya. I prefer Mil as well. Even the 4-screw cap DNZ Rent my cup ‘o tea. I use the TAC-21 chassis which has the rail built in. (Mimics an AR). And I prefer Picatinny 1-piece mounts. For a chassis like yours, I would use a 7075-T6 Pic rail and mount of your choice. This is just one area I would never worry about cutting weight. Other than using billet Aluminum over steel. That’s the extent of the weight savings. I’d run a Spuhr if I could afford it. But as my budget goes, I have been using the AD Recon-s mount with QD. And it’s served me well. Although I am eyeing Warne’s new “Skyline” mount. 7075-T6, it looks legit! And still just over half price of a Spuhr. Yeah man!

Oh course this is simply my opinion. Others results may vary.
I've got the 20moa EGW rail that came with the 110 tactical and it's pretty nice. I also really like the Burris xtr sig rings that are on it now - they're my go to and I have a few sets of them in use. I liked them so much I picked up the Burris QD PEPR mount with the shim system as soon as it launched... And I got 50 rounds through that AR before our lovely govt made it a several thousand dollar paper weight. That 1 piece mount is great, but friggin heavy and too high for this rifle. As much as your advice is in line with my usual line of thinking and is free to implement with things I already have kicking around, I have to find somewhere to cut a few ounces or I'll be leaving the rifle at home too often.

The big reason I started this thread is because my usual philosophy is damn the weight as long as it works really well. But... Doing that with too many components makes for a 25lb bolt gun that I don't want to carry. On the flip side it's easy enough to throw together an ultralight mountain rifle that's a dream to carry (although it can get expensive), but that's not the kind of thing I want to shoot very much. Finding the balance is damn hard. Being a lefty makes it that extra little bit harder.