Thank you for the great info Texas10! I did verify the mount and it measures at 0 MOA with no cant. Unfortunately, I don’t have another scope to try in order to rule out the optic. However, I’m thinking that maybe I could rotate the existing scope 90 degrees to see if the results are the same and don’t follow the rotation. And that’s great advice on adjusting the rings to retain more of the up adjustment - I didn’t think of that. The Burris insets are due in this week and I’m going to see if that will correct the alignment. Mis-aligned scope base mounting holes in the receiver was the direction I was originally thinking, but didn’t expect that they would be that far off. But after hearing about your experience, I’m thinking that this is possibly the case. Much thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
Do you have another scope that is known to be good you can swap out to eliminate the scope as the problem?

If not, set the gun up on the shooting bench and secure it. Remove the bolt and look down the bore, adjusting the set up until your bore is pointing exactly at the targets bullseye at 50 yds. Then without moving the gun, look into the scope. With the turrets at center, you should be pretty close to centered on the target. If not, start looking for reasons why not. It is not uncommon for Savage's to drill the scope mount holes off axis with the barrel. Leupold rings have a windage adjustment just for this purpose and that is what was put on my 12BVSS 223 to start.

However elevation is another matter. Since you'll never need 20 moa of down turret, it makes sense to set the scope/rings so that you all the up travel the scope has to offer.

One other question: Is it possible your rail is actually a 20 moa rail and not 0 moa? Mistakes get made, so measure carefully front and back. If it's canted, it's not 0 moa.

Change rings, change rail, change scope until you find the problem. BTW: That's a very good shooting model. Enjoy it thoroughly!