Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
The Savage can be competitive, given one’s skill set of course. It’s like anything else. Take the Top Level marksmen competing, against a decent amateur. Give the Top Level shooter a Savage & the amateur the absolute BEST rig made. Who’s your money gonna be on?

I don’t compete in Benchrest...never have. I was into USPSA at a younger age, but I found I was a far better instructor/builder/tinkerer, rather than competitor. There are those who seemingly possess Super Human eyesight, stillness, control, etc. Being paralyzed of one arm, and blind of one eye..... I’m not close to one of them! I can say without a shadow of doubt that the Savages I build are far more accurate than I. Although a truly gifted marksman will not handicap himself. It would be unwise to in competition.

So decide where you are. I don’t BUY firearms anymore. I build my own. And regardless of my Savage not being a top rig, I have received far enjoyment with this path than if I had purchased the best. Go with what your heart tells you.
Everytime I think about what I have to deal with I look at this guy.
https://c.gmx.com/@55827675308097537...SkCNAQah4kIwzw