Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
I'm going to put this right here.

Yes, and no doubt his mother sitting there watching the game said, look at that, everybody is wearing the wrong uniform but my Joey. lol

I suppose our life experiences may tend to change the way we think and view things.
When i was 14 years old, i stood about 10’ from my father as he shot for the first time a nice 3006 sporter built on an Enfield action he had just bought.
The second shot blew the rifle apart much like this one, and caused severe damage to my father.
Thankfully the bolt remained in the gun.
He had purchased the gun from a Pawn shop in Philly, and the owner gave him no satisfaction at all when he went back after recovering somewhat.
Of coarse there being no internet then, he had no other choice but taking it to a gunsmith, again in Philly.
Actually as it turned out a very good choice of gunsmith who had a partner who built the stocks and did the checkering on them.
He took one look at the gun and said that gun came from Sedgley, i worked at Sedgley and Pete here built that stock.
But added, i dont think that barrel was on that gun when it left Sedgley.
Turned out the gun had been owned by a Philly cop who liked to tinker around with guns.
And it also turned out to be a headspace issue that caused it.
My father didnt even know what headspace was at that point.
But the biggest surprise came when the gunsmith said what are you going to do with the gun?
The action was still ok, so guess what, he rebuilt the thing and used it for the rest of his life.
The new stock was actually nicer than the first one.
Today is my 85th birthday, i had heart surgery when i was 70.
But the guy who did it was no amateur, and neither are the guys who build my guns.
Were talking very serious stuff here, that should be obvious, and to my mind at least theres no room for amateur opinions.