Mt_hunter, How ya' doin', The after market recoil lug will most likely be a little wider & require you to open up the bedding @ the recoil lug. (my experience) Dremel makes a cutter that works like an old reel type lawn mower blade that will allow you to cut into the area of the lug bedding closest to the trigger. Dremel #115 & #9903 both work. # 9903 will allow you to get into the corners better. If it were me, I'd go ahead and tape off the stock around the receiver and wrap sand paper around some rubber automotive hose (pick diameters that work best for you) and rough up the bedding around the action. Leave a high spot (pillars?) and take out enough material to make for a nice "skim" bed through-out. You can put machine screws through the pillars to insure you don't bugger them up when sanding out the bedding. Pick a screw head just slightly larger than the pillar diameter. I just wouldn't be comfortable bedding only the recoil lug if it were my rifle. To many things to go wrong.-------DON'T step over the dollar ;D Once you have the new lug bedded you'll never have to do it again. Hope this helps, Dale