Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
Dave, I have one, actually gave it to my granddaughter. The sear screw is not a cam. But instead if you start backing it out the shoulder rides up the cocking sear letting it engage farther. His picture shows it set light as possible.
They were/are fairly nice triggers. My granddaughter's is down around 3#. I did make a cam shaped washer to fit under it once.....very fussy to get it where you want it and still snug it down....lol....
I also changed it out to regular 3 screw but you needed all the safety parts from a newer action to do this and had to revamp the bolt release to get it to work.
I switched it all back to the pre 66. Also converted it to regular bolt-head including bolt body & fp. My granddaughter shot a doe with it as a 221 fireball when she was 10. She graduated to 243 and that barrel has got her a couple of bucks and a black bear. Nothing wrong with those triggers!
Yes, I replied again changing my initial view & acknowledged it was NOT a cam screw. But there are non-consenting explanations of its operation. I understand what you are saying, but Fred stated it doesn’t adjust the sear in any way, and is simply to hold the pivot screw. I can see both being the case. But I won’t commit to either unless I was to see, and work on one myself. But thank you for some more points of thought.