Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
Not a problem at all. I was just looking at it from the cost side.

For a project, if you are good with tools, then I'd get a Boyd's stock you like and then modify it to fit whatever magazines you wanted to use. It would take some new bottom metal and fabrication of a magazine retention system.

Full bedding is better than just pillars, but, for the Axis, not by a lot. If you are capable of shooting 1/4MOA on a regular basis then you might be able to tell the difference. If you are like me, at the 1/2MOA level, then probably not. I noticed the difference when I went from a stock Axis to the Boyd's Pro Varmint stock (without bedding). But, I did not notice any difference when I bedded the Pro Varmint stock. I was at 1/2MOA before and still 1/2MOA.

Why might this be? First, my shooting skill is not that great. Second, the Axis action does not have a lot of area that can be used for bedding.
I'm liking the boyds the more I look at them, but just not the thumbhole ones. I will be wrapping them anyway as I also dont like the sight of wood stocks, but that's too easy. So if I have taken all the information correctly, all I need to do what I want is
- Boyd's stock of my choosing

- bottom metal thing...http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/savag...ealth-dbm.html

- and the magazines to go with the afore mentioned bottom metal.

Do you guys think I have this correct?