Quote Originally Posted by tobnpr View Post
Headspace.

I set headspace so that I feel very slight resistance on bolt close. Handle will not drop by gravity- but with very light pressure.

Can't feel that with resistance from an ejector. Makes no difference to me whether it's a Savage where the barrel's being screwed in, or an M700 based on chamber depth.
I remove ejectors from every bolt, every time, all the time. I want to know when there is contact, not whether I can force the bolt closed; there is a difference.

Someone else feels that's unnecessary, go for it.
I was just interested in your purpose. I measure things with all different types of inspection equipment regularly and could not figure out how you came to your opinion . Putting something solid in a space with as much as .004" clearance and being able to feel the airspace intrigues me. Unless you are looking for minimum headspace exactly. If so what is the purpose of that? Just trying to learn.

I do remove the firing pin. I let the wave washer hold the cross pin in place. To me that has much more impact on feel. The dragging of the bolt lugs and the cock on close messes up the feel for me, The minor impact the ejector has to feel has never even been an issue for me.