Well I am not new to reloading, I started in the early 1970's, but after reading this thread I find I have many kindred spirits. Thanks for all the trips down memory lane, been there done that. I first started with an RCBS Jr. ,years later a Dillon 550, later still a Lee Classic cast turret press and now I am back to the RCBS Jr. I use the Lee for my .45 ACP rounds and the RCBS for my other loads. Reloading is a much slower paced pass time for me now, I enjoy it sloooooowly and make fewer mistakes. The one that scares me to this day, when I think of it is when I had reloaded some old cases for my son's .357 S&W 686, WE were on his In-Law's ''range'' when he had fired several cylinder loads with no problems, then he fired one that did NOT sound right, he called me over and we decided to check the gun. Thank the Good Lord we did, slug was lodged abut 2'' up the bore, I carefully checked the rounds in the cylinder and found the culprit a split casing. Guess I reloaded that one once to often. Took the gun to my house and tried the old method of a dowel in the barrel and a hammer, no good. Scratched my head for a while and headed to Ace is the place and got brass tubing that would fit in the bore and smaller sizes to fit inside that one. Used a transfer punch to get a solid place to start the drill, drilled through the slug, took out a tube, next size drill bit and so on. Finally got the hole big enough that the wall pressure eased up and I could drive out the slug. Yes we pulled the rest of the slugs and deconstructed the ammo. Still scares me, I could have had a dead or seriously injured son that day, only the Good Lords intervention prevented it.

Judging from this thread, the Reloading Gremlin is a very busy fellow, he sure has visited me more than once. I try to learn from my mistakes and NOT do it twice, most times I do. Take care and reload safe, John