Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
Both my rifles chambered for AI cartridges have a similar issue, and it's a very common problem for any cartridge that has minimal body taper. This is the main reason why I won't build a repeating rifle for one of these cartridges that isn't controlled round feed anymore.

Mr Baker, which two AIs do you have? Do all your AI cartidges dive under the bolt or just the last one? In my rifle it was always only the last cartridge that I had trouble with until I adjusted the feed lips. I am planning a 223 AI build on a Savage action using factory Savage DBM with Savage 223Rem factory magazine. I want it to shoot 75gr ELD-Ms so I may be throating it for longer than normal OAL as I'd like to keep the aft bearing surface above the neck/shoulder junction with bullet seated. How long can/will feed from the stock Savage 223 magazine? Will the 223 AI feed reliably from a Savage magazine? If the Savage mag is going to limit the OAL too much I may just run it in a chassis with AICS mags. This info may be pertinent to this thread but please PM if needed to avoid thread hijack.