Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
You have a classic example of insufficient ignition. Yes, you change the firing pin assembly to the conventional style, but you will also need the cocking sleeve.
My rifle started out as a 243 Win M11 Trophy Hunter even though it has a one piece Axis style firing pin. So I take it the bolt body is the same as what's used with the two piece firing pin bolts and thus the parts will work?

I'm from Canada so Midway will not ship here. Numrich will. However, they list four different firing pin assemblies for SA Savage 10/11/16. They are: 1349260B, 1349260D, 1349260G and 1349260H. 1349260G. Does anyone know which one I'll need?
Also, is the BAS the same or do I need a new one? I also don't know what part 12F is in the schematic?

Actually Numrich doesn't have the part either so I'll try Savage. I just want to make sure I have the right parts as there seem to be so many variations. I'm in Canada so returning is not an option! I also want to make sure I have everything the first time as there is a min of $25 shipping!