OK, I'll cast the minority vote. I bought a new 110 Storm in 7-08 this past February. After trying dozens of different combinations of bullets, powders, charges, seating depths, and scopes, I could not get groups smaller than 2.5-3" I checked the bore with the help of a local gunsmith and found some strange rifling images. I sent it back to Savage. They sent it back to me with a note saying they "polished the chamber" and the rifle is shooting 3/4" groups. Going back out to the range, I could tell no difference, so I asked Savage what they used to test the rifle. Their answer was Winchester 140 gr Ballistic Silvertips. I bought a box (rather pricey) and they shot a little under an inch. I loaded some Nosler BT's (same bullet, except for the black coating) and they shoot 0.8 to 1.0" I have since tried other bullets and factory loads; the only bullets that shoot well are Nosler BT's in 120 or 140 gr, neither of which would be my first choice for a bullet. I will try some Accubonds as soon as I can find some on sale.

After I got off the bench and started loading the magazine with multiple rounds, I found that rounds were jumping up out of the magazine and jamming between the top of the bolt face and the chamber. I posted the problem on this forum and got a suggestion to squeeze the lips together a bit, but could not fix the problem. Savage sent me a new magazine, which behaved exactly the same way. A short time later, the catch on the rear of the magazine broke off, allowing the magazine to drop slightly and prevent feeding the next round.

I have an older model Savage that has served me well for over 15 years and is largely responsible for my decision to buy this new Storm. It looks good and feels good. I'm trying hard to love it, but I'm not feeling the love in return.