Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Hmmm... I have been dead set on grabbing a Bartlein through Bugholes, for my next rebarrel. But I gotta say, for a proprietor to speak ill of another is so very much a vile & off putting tactic..... I do believe you’ve just made up my mind to grab a Brux from them instead. Don’t think I’ve ever come across Norman of Ken spouting off about “nobody using such & such a product”.
Put yourself in my shoes for a minute and really think about this. A barrel with a tighter/looser bore spec not only effects accuracy but effects pressure and velocity. A barrel that is tight/undersize by even .0005” I have data that it will drive up pressures 8-10psi. If this happens now you have a potential safety issue. A looser bore/groove barrel typically the pressure drops faster and usually you lose velocity.

So you get a phone call from a customer and the customer says....I had my largest bushing on my reamer and it just dropped in the bore. I think the bore is .001” oversize? Or think there is something wrong and sends the barrel in for you too look at and you find out it doesn’t meet spec. Do you want to take that phone call? If the answer is no then you will understand why I say we don’t have and or wants different grades.

If your ok with getting a barrel for less money and the bore is oversize and the gun will only shoot one particular bullet or load to 1moa and is really temperamental but it’s just going on a hunting rifle where you don’t need really good accuracy. That is ok for some guys and that’s fine.

Again though I don’t want the phone call where the bore doesn’t meet spec and the customer was expecting it to. If the barrel doesn’t meet spec. Bore and groove size wise....it’s scrap.

We get the question asked at times. Do we have different grades of barrels? The answer is no and these are the reasons for it.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels