First, I am not a fan of long range hunting. I've see too many people out there who have the latest super duper rifle and take shots cause they could hit a 12" gong at 1000yd a couple of times. Results are usually a gut shot animal that they cannot track because of poor wind skills or simply because the animal moved during the shot. Unless you practice a LOT at the longer ranges and pass on shots unless you are guaranteed a solid hit then you should give up the idea of shots out beyond 500yd. Even shots beyond 300yd can be iffy if the wind is up.

But, if you really want a rifle in a different caliber then the 6.5 PRC seems to be a practical one. Like Frank said, it's a .264WM in a standard bolt face case. Not as easy on barrels as the CM. Interesting that the PRC and CM were both developed for targets rather than big game.

Recoil and accuracy are the two things that will make my next rifle a 6mm or 6.5mm.

As to a woman handling a 6.5PRC, I've seen plenty of women 'handle' rifles I would not want to shoot. If it is an issue I suggest you shoot 50 rounds through one before you commit to such a project. If numbers do not lie the PRC will have almost the same recoil as your .30 cal 165gn bullets.