I should’ve added this to my post...

Two years ago I was getting very close to building my new F Class Open rifle. I was so close to doing it in 300 Norma but that would mean getting the Lapua mag bolt face. After all the work we had been involved with making 300PRC test barrels early on (even before the round was announced to the public) and seeing the performance data of it compared to the Norma and it (PRC) still used a standard mag bolt face I felt gave me more options. So I went 300PRC. That way I can do other mag calibers if I choose on that action.

The action I used is the Barnard Model PL. This action can handle up to the 338 Lapua for length. The receiver threads are also 1.125”. So my barrel has a 1.350” breech diameter x 5” long and str tapers to 1.100” @ 32” finish length. Besides having more meat on the bolt diameter (which is .944”) in conjunction with the larger thread and bigger receiver diameter at 1.456” (vs. a 1.350” for a Remmy or a Savage) that bigger receiver handles the heavier barrel weight better than the smaller actions as well.