In a previous post I explained how I cleaned the bolt assy, no lube was left, wiped dry.

The spring is actually 2 springs, stacked on top of each other, with a ring in between. It’s not one long spring. I did think about adding another ring to load the spring better.

The other trick to try is to seat bullets long, into the lands. This will move the case head back against the bolt head. When fired, the case will stretch forward against the chamber shoulder.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I did change the bullet seating shorter. My test rounds were close, (.005) to the lands, but not hitting them. When I loaded the 100 up for the range, the depth had walked out, and the bolt was stiff to close, the bullet was in the lands. So I went in and reset the bullet depth. I'm on my last 25 rnds of that batch and that is when the problem showed up. I did the same to the remaining rnds after that first outing, and they have all shot without a single FTF. But this also brings up another question to me. If the case sets into the bolt face and is held in by the extractor, would that not give it a solid seat on the bolt face?

The solution was a heavier Wolff spring for the firing pin assembly ($10) and a new bolt assembly from Midway USA ($120).
Is the Wolf spring a direct replacement or did you have to get the bolt to fit the spring? I've seen Sharp Shooters Supply in several places I have researched this problem at. Anyone have any experience with them? Word is they are the go to place for things Savage. OBTW, this is a model 11 in .223, bull barrel, camo synthetic stock.