Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
I have seen that and it is a good read. However I meant specifically comparing the OP's tungsten insert and Silicone Nitride ball bearing to the 38spl and regular ball bearing. I was just curious if there was a noticeable difference going from the 38spl case and the OP's hard metal version.
I indicated in the beginning, not likely to see any discernible increase. Just something I’ve wanted to do. Using the hardest BB & opposing surface(Si3N4 & Tungsten), providing “optimal” conditions, is what I was after.

Ill say, these would not be profitable to sell anyway. Besides the much higher cost of the materials, machining costs & time are WAY above normal. On another site I posted this, I made a comment about Ti being “nice” to machine, but need to be careful of the heat generated and fire. I guess I’m not very good at sarcasm. LOL! An adoring fan in California couldn’t wait to tell me no REAL machinist ever said Titanium was nice to machine. Ugh... Sarcasm aside, I had to explain I’m not a real machinist...just a one armed cripple that loves doing this stuff. LOL. But he’s the owner operator of AR15barrels... so I’m glad he’s got it all figured out. I sure don’t!

This has been great though. Thank you Jim & Robin for all the info. Knew some of it...DIDN’T know ALOT of it! And I LOVE learning new things!