Rusty, I don't have any way of knowing or being certain if you would have issues but in the past people have tried very short rounds in standard length actions have had extraction issues. What has happened or at least this is what I recall is, as you pull the bolt back the extractor has control of the case and pulls it back. Simultaneously the case is getting pushed towards the ejection port. As the case clears the breach there is nothing to control the case from flipping itself off of the extractor. Now your case has fallen down into the bolt raceway or loading port. Not good.

Some guys have gone to a controlled round feed, claw extractor with a standing ejector system. I'm not an expert but I do recognize that few bolt actions are made at the factory with short cartridges. Lever actions maybe. Get the details of the Sako rifles that were chambered in that cartridge. That model if I am not mistaken came in a very short action for that cartridge.(Howa has done the same thing and that may be another option.) All I'm saying is, before you buy your barrel, do your homework. If you need to get a cartridge that duplicates the ballistics but works in your action you are a winner.

The 44 AMP is just under 33mm. If it worked well I think that's what I would do. Got 500 pieces of brass waiting.