Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
I have zero first hand experience with the MSR-10. All I know is what I have read. The one turn off I have is the proprietary parts.
The one thing I have leaned owning a AR-10 style rifle with proprietary parts (DPMS G2) is aftermarket parts are a pain to find, if you can even find them.
I will say this. If the rifle is in the exact configuration you want, and you have no plan or desire to upgrade or change out parts, then by all means go for it.
However if you want the ability to change parts to better suit your needs (barrels, handguards, BCG, etc..) I would get a standard pattern AR-10.
If I had to do it over again, I would went with a standard pattern instead of one with proprietary parts. While the aftermarket is very slowly starting to support the one I have, there is still nowhere near the availability of parts as there are for standard pattern models, and what parts there are, are usually more expensive.
Not to mention if a part breaks, there is only one place you can get it from. Where if it was standard pattern, there would be a plethora of places to get said parts.
From what I have been able to find, there is NO standard configuration for the AR-10. Each manufacturer does his own thing and accessories are pretty much hit or miss. The only thing I can think of adding to the MSR-10 Precision would be a tripod and scope. I really like the ARCA rail.