h/kiler, the Boyds is rather thin when the front mount is drilled for a pillar plus the Axis uses the plastic mag catch. The kit I'm talking about replaces the plastic with a metal pillar/ catch. That's why a kit. It is specific to the Axis, if you haven't seen it. Yes, I do want the heavier contour tho. It isn't a question of 'wanting' to shoot a 69gr, it is whether or not a 22", vs a 26", 1-9 will stabilize a 73 or 77gr bullet. Many here, and on other forums, seem to have had good success with 77smk's in a 1-9. I'm a long way from the skill level needed for a 1k yard shot which is why I will be taking a long range course, two day at 550yd, when I get home. As you, and these other gentlemen, have suggested, I think the 69s will do fine with a little load development and continued refinement of the rifle. BUT...I'm always looking to push the envelope a little farther, see what the rifle, and I are capable of. One of many character flaws. The rifle course will be a start. I have read that the 20x can be iffy? plus has a tighter eye relief. That, plus the extra adj, is the reason I started with the 12x. Very happy with it. Appreciate the reply.