Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
I was using my RCBS Charge master doing my loads and when I was done, I prepared to return the powder from the Charge master to the 1 lb. jug.. Problem is when you unload the powder, there is a knob on the side of the Charge master to use to dump the powder back to the original jug. I changed calibers, grabbed the next powder jug to pour into the powder measure tube and noticed the level of powder was not rising in the tube as it should. I noticed a nice sized pile of powder laying neatly on the side by an open valve that someone forgot to close.
Unfortunately I have fallen prey to many of the oopsies mentioned on these pages, but I have learned to reload with no phone near me, no tv, only a radio for background , and try to keep anyone out of the reloading area until I am finished. Luckily, my mistakes have been at the bench and aside from shooting my chronograph rail at the range, nothing overly scary.
I bought a new Chargemaster Lite a few months ago. I did a review of it on this forum and warned potential users about forgetting to close the hopper drain and making a mess. Several days ago, I repeated this mistake for something like the fourth time since initially using it. Not the worst mess to clean up but man, what an aggravation.

Last month I took my left handed 10 BA Stealth to the range which is about 40 miles south. When I set it up on the bench, it didn't take long to realize that I had accidentally grabbed the bolt to one of my right handed receivers. Fortunately, I took other guns to shoot that day. Since then, I have disassembled the left hand bolt for cleaning. Finally made it back to the range the other day after nearly a month away. I took the Stealth again which then had ejection problems. After five rounds I realized that the bolt head was rotated 180 degrees. Borrowed some tools, disassembled and fixed the bolt issue (so I thought) and went back to the bench. Then it wouldn't fire at all. Fiddled with it some more, finally gave up and put it away. When I got home, I looked at it and eventually figured out that I had assembled the bolt with the cocking piece on the left side. On the positive side, I now a good understanding of how the fire control works on these things. Many things I have learned in life came as the result of being forced to solve a problem, some of them self inflicted.