First, thanks to all for replying.

Charlie B, good stuff, especially since you too, are using a 22"! I bought the SWFA 12x because of the 40MOA adj. I may end up with a 20x with a 20 MOA mount in the future. The 69gr SMK seems to be a hands down favorite for the 1-9 and, of course, there are many fans of Varget. When I get back home, the 69s will be the first trial. Down the road, I will give the 77s a 'shot' after establishing a baseline for accuracy with the 69s. I'll go ahead and stick with my 22" pencil barrel,for now and just watch my temps. I take an infra red temp gun to the range and my grandmother's '37 Win 69A 22 to shoot while the .223 cools. I have more work to do on the trigger, pillar and bed the action, and a LOT more work to do on my skill set, hence the classes, plus I shoot paper and steel matches with my 1911s. Fortunately, when I get done here, I'm off work til next summer and my home range is 15mins away. Most importantly, I have an understanding wife! When I get ready to go out to 1K, I'll borrow my son's .308!!