Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonkiler View Post
https://www.shootingtimes.com/editor...1-review/99098

I’m no scientist but I can read. Sometimes I read things a couple times. I have found that at 600+ yds in a 1-9 barrel you will find no better bullet than the 77gn smk. In a .223 casing or a 5.56 casing.
I’m not talking built guns or crazy cartridges.
A stock gun that ammo is available everywhere, anyone can shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read the article and found it to be interesting. Black Hills is a well known ammo supplier for the military, and is the brand used by Chris Kyle to establish his U S kill record.
Certainly if your in the military and have been issued a rifle requiring 5.56mm ammo you would want the best ammo available.
Likewise if your dead set on owning just one rifle for your personal enjoyment.
There were a few words in that rather long article that jumped off the page, at least for me.
Probably most would not have the same reaction as i did however.
Those words were (37.25 minits from a 100 yd zero to reach 1000 yds.
Thats 149 1/4 min. Clicks folks, count the number you have available in your scope with the mount setup you currently have.
Now just for kicks check out say a 6x284 or a 243 with 105 gr bullets, or one of the 6.5s with 140s.
Animals don’t shoot back at us, but if they did very few of us would have enough gonads to hunt them.
The few brave enough to do it would be very selective on their gun choice, and so was Chris Kyle.