Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
Target actions have the same outside diameter as all of the other 110-based actions.

As noted, which screw spacing you get when you order a target action through your dealer is the "gotcha" with these so don't order a stock until you have the action and can confirm which screw spacing you have. I believe all the new production comes with the 4.40" screw spacing these days, but occasionally you'll come across the oddball "new old stock" one with the 3.400" screw spacing that's been sitting on a shelf for several years. If you go this route, I would recommend calling James at Northland Shooters Supply as he usually has them in stock and can verify the screw spacing for you.

As for single-shot or repeater, on fat, short stubby cartridges with a steeper shoulder angle like the 6mm BR I always recommend going with a single-shot as they can be a real pain to get to feed reliably from a magazine. Savage doesn't offer the 6mm BR in a repeater from the factory for a reason. Most going to this cartridge are using the rifle for one or two things - bench/precision shooting or long-range varmint hunting, neither of which require a magazine.
According to the descriptions on the NSS site, the dual port target action has the 3.44" screw spacing. The single port target actions (left or right) have 4.41" spacing.