As I said in my first post, my Edge is a BDM and I want to fit it to a "super Sniper" Plaster style stock. Short of copying one , from scratch, in wood or laminate, I'm looking for a way to adapt that style stock to an existing gun. I've had and installed several of them (super sniper) and always liked the way the various actions shot in that particular design.

I'm fairly new to the Savage game, so I really needed the insight you provided, my Savage history knowledge is compartmental in nature. (little pods, big holes, lol ) I have had several bad dealings with Boyd's lately, (I currently own and shoot several thumb hole stocks, one on a mod 10/ .458 SOCOM/ Excaliber barreled thumper) and want to work with the Plaster style this time, for some local distance competition, as a companion to my striker.

Seems to me, If Savage made a metal bottom iron, to accommodate a BDM, it could be inlet to a Choate sniper stock, (factory or on my mill) thereby taking advantage of the aluminum bedding blocks and rigid nature of the stock itself. Another alternative would be to adapt some other bottom iron and magazine, matched to the build in progress. (25-06 heavy barrel varminter)

I believe Choate uses CNC machinery to inlet the sniper stock, (it looks to be molded around the bedding blocks and then cut and drilled for the various actions) so it would be fairly easy to add a BDM style bottom iron and Edge /Axis action hole spacing. (Just one more thing Boyd's can't/ won't do)

I'm no Guru, just a working gun smith with some strange ideas about what is possible.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about the Savage line, I can use all ya got.

Thanks, Paul