Quote Originally Posted by Snowmon224 View Post
Wow awesome! That's what I'm looking for, I've hit .9 moa before but that was once and with match ammo and really focusing. I think I'll try this before I keep looking for a stock. Did you tape the recoil lug at all? I've seen mixed comments on that
No. If you look close at that picture I sunk it in that bedding so it was making contact with the back toward the action and the bottom. I actually used bow string wax as the release agent.
My rifle is a .223 and I’m shooting match ammo myself. A 77gn smk black hills mk262 mod1. A little heavy for 1-9twist barrel. I thought it was my twist rate that had my groups that wide. I wouldn’t believe it. Didn’t listen and did the work in my shop. Let a gun smith cut an inch from the barrel and recrown it. Thought I might need a new 1-7 1-8 twist barrel to make it work. But the 1-9 is fine. I have clean holes in paper to 700yds. The serria match king is a very forgiving bullet at that weight.
I only have a fixed power 12x scope. The groups might be tighter if I had a 24x rig but on my budget the swfa 12x was the best quality I can afford and justify.
I shoot off bags or a sled.
Not sure your barrel contour but I’ve noticed a shorter barrel when they are narrow seem to preform better. Less “whip”.
Try the serria match king bullet in a factory match load. 140gn smk in the FGMM should have you inside an inch. You can also polish your trigger and trim the spring. Mine is like 2.3# and just a nice crisp break. Not a hair trigger but a solid breath of squeeze. Helped a lot as it would only go 3.6 light factory. My gun smith a x target shooter recommend and tightned the action screws front lug up to 65# and the rear to 25#. I haven’t taken it out of the stock since and don’t plan to because I don’t want to mess up the tune. Bangs steel a long way out when the wind is null.
Any way good luck.
Scrub your barrel good and put some lead down the pipe. A seasoned barred preforms so much better. A good 400-800rds down the pipe and it should be a shooter.

I looked at a online picture of your rifle.
Not sure if it has the aluminum bedding block or not. If it does you can skip the bedding. Maybe skim bed the recoil lug.
Those stocks definitely need the front of the stock sanded away from the barrel and barrel nut.
Also take off that picatinny rail and bed the back of it. Mine had .002” of play in the rear with just the front snugged down. You don’t won’t any flex from tightening down both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk