Quote Originally Posted by CFJunkie View Post
I have a good Sinclair adjustable front rest and several different rear bags that have gotten a lot of use, but I never felt that the adjustable rest was really stable and repeatable.

I eventually tried the Sinclair F-Class Generation 3 bi-pod, primarily for prone and bench load development. With a large rear Protektor bag or an Edgeworth bag, I found that the configuration is very stable and the bipod doesn't hop like a regular bipod and doesn't have to be front loaded.
Those particular bags aren't cheap, but they stand up under years of use. My Protektor bag has been in use for almost 8 years and it is a good as the day it was purchased.

I now have two of F-Class bipods so I can switch between rifles when barrels get hot during load development testing in warm weather.
There are two models, one with an azimuth adjustment and one without and run about $225 to $250 but often go on sale at Brownell's.
I find that I can shoot for several hours at a bench and never have an issue with losing a stable and repeatable set up.

At least 6 other guys at our range have tried my set up and bought that model bipod because they couldn't believe how stable it is when used with a good rear bag.
I'm interested in that bipod and will check into this further. Thanks for the tip. I just purchased a Protektor 13B rear bag and it's top notch.