FWIW I shoot Mod 10,11,and 12's. Short actions. I've done quite a bit of changing stocks, triggers, etc. This is what I've learned about the stock change process.
Choate tactical stocks are popular, but they are very heavy. The one I have is definitely a prone stock.
Bell and Carlson stocks are heavy. I have two varmint rifles in B&C tactical stocks. They are pillared and I bedded them. These are shooting bag/bipod/prone stocks. I wouldn't want to carry them around. Full disclosure. I'm 65yo in pretty good shape. You may think differently about the weight/carrying issue.
The backlog on McMillan stocks is 6 months. They're great stocks, but as you know expensive.
Boyd's stocks may require a pillar and bedding job to shoot any better than what you have.
I had a Mod 10 varmint barrel 308 with a bedded recoil lug. It shot great. I regret going through the process of changing and bedding a new stock. I should have left it as-is.
I have a Mod 11 223 sporter, also with a bedded recoil lug. It shoots great with reloads. I'm not going to change anything.
If you plan on carrying your rifle around, look into the size and weight of aftermarket stocks.