Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
except i have to go load to a third party ,,,a step i do not currently do WITH ANY SITE i belong to.
just like sending them to you is an extra step.
it is just silly and a waste of time.
this software supports user uploads WITHOUT a third party.
Yes it does, and server storage costs money and hosting a ton of images drives bandwidth usage way up which can lead to even higher server costs which is why we restrict direct uploads to paying members of this site. I If you don't want to buy a paid membership and don't want to use a third party hosting site that's your choice to make, but pissing and moaning about our policy isn't going to get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
I do agree Mike, about online forums and their abilities. I think it’s disgraceful for a forum to charge “members fees”, when they have site sponsors. The only reason they are generating sponsors is because of the traffic through the forum. US! WE are the reason for sponsors. So charging a fee, when it’s the members generating sponsors is well, it’s greed!
Disgraceful? Greed? Seriously?

Think what you want, but rest assured I make very little off this site at the end of the day. If it wasn't for the paid memberships this site would no longer exist because that's what covers the site expenses. In fact, for the last two years I've been on the bubble of shutting it down because it's really at that point, but I keep doing it for those who do appreciate it enough to support it. Attitudes like yours are what's killing niche sites like ours, yet you're the type that's the first to ***** and moan when they disappear. Go figure.

As for advertising, that's my pay for all the time/effort I've put into this site for the last 17 years - and believe me, I'm working for chump change in that regard. As a very specific niche site our pool of potential advertisers is very limited. Basically, if they don't make or sell numerous products specifically for Savage rifles and/or cater to the Savage market in some way they're not going to advertise here. On top of that, most of those businesses that do meet those requirements also make or sell products for a wide range of firearms so it's more beneficial to them to advertise on sites with a broader scope than ours.

If you don't think my time/effort over the last 17 years is worth something you're more than welcome to go start up your own site and run it as you see fit. Clearly you do find value in this site though as you're still here even though it's run by a greedy S.O.B. in a disgraceful manner.