Quote Originally Posted by jsund3 View Post
110 in 6.5-06, MDT HS3 Chassis, Luth AR buttstock and chubby pistol grip, Atlas bipod, Timney trigger, Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50, Impact precision muzzle brake, factory bolt handle I extended. I had some primary extraction issues at first but the bolt handle extension and modifying the baffle solved it. next one will be a short action.
Very nice! I have a good friend in Arizona who recently had his old Win mod70 action worked & rebarreled to 6.5-06. Once in awhile I think I should have chosen it over my 6.5-08, lol. The 06 was my first high power rifle. Bought it brand new from my local KMART(back when they sold ‘em)when I turned 18! It was a Mod 111 standard trigger in synthetic stock. Soon after I came across some original M2 AP Black Tips. (This was when I learned it was a TUNGSTEN core which caused it to be AP, NOT TEFLON COATING!!) I’ve also owned a 116 Weather Warrior, SS/Gray laminate stock(BEAUTIFUL rifle), also in 06. Needless to say, mixing my beloved 06’s 63mm case with my favorite caliber of 6.5mm just sounds poetic! But I was set on a SHORT action and still wanted it to be magazine fed instead of single shot. So thank you for mentioning something that brought up some fond memories.