I have found that as of late, there seems to be some inconsistency with the throats in savage rifles. One of my shooting buds and I have the same Savage 12FV in 308 (Cabelas special). His throat is so short that factory ammo jams the lands. My throat seems pretty normal. This same buddy also has a savage axis in 308 as a cheap hunting rifle.. and that has a normal throat.

In regards to the 112 338, I have the same rifle, I'm shooting 285 elds with H1000 @ 2800 fps. My overall length on them is 3.8" and that gets me 15 thou from the lands. I did run tubbs final finish bullets through the barrel, and it did push the lands out a little bit. I measured it but I dont recall.. It wasnt much.. maybe 25 thou or less.

Since your intended purpose is to shoot a mile.. and the 112 is one of their target actions.. I would message Savage about it and see if they are willing to do something about it warranty wise. I know it sucks but having a tight throat like that I think compromises your goals. Let them know that different brands of factory ammo are all showing signs of being jammed.

For what its worth, I had to send mine back in for warranty work due to light primer strikes 20% of the time. After spending more time (and money) than I should have trying different brass, primers, cleaning, measuring and adjusting firing pin protrusion, etc, etc.. I finally sent it in. They replaced a few parts (firing pin, spring, couple other parts) and got it back to me in a couple of weeks. The issue is completely resolved.. should have sent it in months ago.

Good Luck!