Quote Originally Posted by A&8's View Post
I run:
M12 action, factory target model trigger, Shilen barrel, MPA chassis and brake, Warne base and rings, Athlon Ares ETR scope.

I'm blessed to have apprenticed under an awesome gunsmith back in the middle '90's, who shot 1K BR. So, he showed me a thing or two along the way. The below action was trued and the barrel spun up from a blank in my shop.
Nice setup. Its great to hear that someone with some know How is running Savage. I'm still running the HS precision traditional stock that came with my 12LRP along with the factory barrel. I've got some time before I need to start barrel shopping but It'll be fun to do the swap myself. I guess I'll see how I feel about everything when I get to that point--New rifle or new barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I ran this Model 12 with GRS Sporter stock in my first ever PRS match last weekend. Only unbraked 308 in the match lol. I ordered a KRG 180 Alpha for the 2 day match in June. Ill be shooting this again in the April 27th Saprl match. It would be nice if they made actual 10rnd mags for savages!! I would have scored another 4-5 points if I had a proper 10rnd mag.
Ya, the "10 round" mags that hold 9 are pretty annoying. I wounder if they have a thinner follower that'll fix it. Maybe I can file it down a bit. ehh I'll probably wait for someone else to do it first. not sure I want to mess up my $90 mag yet. Do they run good for you?

I was at the range today and experienced a few failures to feed and tracked the issue down to an improperly seated magazine. It looks like I should be good if I insert and apply pressure on the rear of the magazine before clicking it in. The lip on the rear of the magazine just wedges itself in the magazine well and not go all the way in if you insert it wrong. It doesn't happen often but I should be able to correct the issue.

I'm at the point where if I can consistently seat my magazines correctly and can keep good even pressure when I'm running my extended bolt then the rifle should run great. Extraction issue was fixed with the aftermarket parts so Hopefully this covers most of the issues with Savages in PRS.

Have you experienced any of these issues?