Quote Originally Posted by efm77 View Post
Savages are known for having tight chambers. What COAL are you going by? The reason I ask that is because when I loaded mine to the COAL listed from Alliant (was using RL33 load data), it wouldn't chamber without hitting the lands. But when I used the COAL listed in Hornady's manual, it chambered fine. But if you seat the bullet deeper you will have to reduce your powder charge accordingly. I too have a 112 Magnum Target and other than that, haven't had any problems, and it shoots really well. I've got a 30" barrel I'm eventually going to put on it, but for now still using the factory barrel and just loading to a length to accommodate the chamber as is.
Used the COAL right out of the latest Nosler reloading book. It’s their bullet, figured why not.

Mine shoots lights out, I couldn’t be happier with the accuracy, at least so far, just wish it had some more room to try different combinations. I got a screaming deal on it, so even with a custom throat job, I’d feel like I’m still ahead.

I put a Fat B@stard brake and Limbsaver recoil pad on it and now it feels like shooting a 308! And the reloads are about $1.25. What’s not to like?