Quote Originally Posted by SNOW JW View Post
Ok guys so I got my mags 1 week ago. They feed like crap but I got a Pdog hunt on the way so I will make them work. Looks like the mold is setup to allow the casing to set to far back I may be able to put a spacer in there to fix it?? Kinda sucks when I am running there chassis & there mags & it still is not right.
Just a curiosity question, did you go from a Savage stock to aftermarket with AICS bottom metal? If you did, the extension on the bolt baffle doesn't let the bolt travel far enough back to feed consistently. I swapped the baffle out with a long action baffle from a Savage .270 bolt and my MDT TAC .223 Mags have never had another misfeed...

The baffle on a .223 Savage bolt has about a .75" extension on it to shorten the stroke for the length of the .223 cartridge. I was told you could either grind this extension off, or order a new baffle for a long-action bolt. I tested it with the .270 bolt baffle and it totally corrected the miss-feed issue. I then ordered another long action baffle in stainless steel for about $10 shipped and have never had another issue. The bolt not coming back far enough with the .223 baffle extension caused the cartridges in the AICS Mag to flip up and point into the roof of the chamber and caused the butt-end of the round to push downward into the magazine. That was because the bolt didn't come back far enough to pick up the rim and push the cartridge straight into the chamber.