Quote Originally Posted by Ryfulman View Post
Sectional density is critical when it comes to bullet performance along with the type of construction being appropriate for the type of game being hunted.
I don’t have any experience with the new eld bullets. I use either the sst or the interlock line up from hornady. We’ve never had that 4 shot problem. I wonder if it was the bullets that didn’t expand properly or what happened.
The sst and interbond perform very similar except the interbond has a lead tip which helps penetrate a bit farther before total expansion occurs. Put it in the boiler room and game expires very quickly due to vitals turning into chunky soup.
As far as barrels go I don’t take chances so I buy known quality even if it costs more.
I'm not sure exactly what the issue was, I would think that it's because the bullet opens up too quickly?? I haven't had a chance to test the 143 ELD-X on any game yet, so I don't know how it performs on even light bodied critters like coyote, fox, badger etc... It's supposed to be designed for hunting Deer & Elk according to Hornady. Take a look for yourself at the 4 shot 6.5 PRC Elk harvest. Link is attached below, shots take place at around the 30:30 mark and on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUyhwnaLEtA