Thread: 93r17 upgrade questions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I saw one at the local gun shop on sale the other day. Might just have to give one a try for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good news about Savage MkII and Model 93 is they're great for getting started. The bad news is they only get you started. There's nothing really wrong with the product lines when it comes to plinking, it's just that shooting groups outta thu box may be wishful thinking.

I purchased the Mk II FVSS-XP package. I just wanted a Rem Sportmaster 512X replacement. Several components didn't stay long on the MkII. The Weaver 3x9-40 scope got replaced with a BSA Sweet 22 using the 36gr turrent. The rail got replaced with a DIP MKI, MKII, and 93/93R 0 MOA Series Scope Mount.

The trigger went bye bye for a Rifle Basix SAV-RAT now set for 2lbs. My factory AccuTrigger wouldn't go below 2.5lbs and the POI shift was noticable. It seemed that no amount of windage correction would completely eliminate the yaw to the right even when it was on the bags. Maybe it's just me, but the problem went away at 2lbs of trigger pull.

Added a Caldwell XLA bipod. Make sure to get the optional bipod pivot lock lever, too.

One of the BIG issues with the factory stock is the comb seems to be set for iron sights. I had to tape a Magpul SGA riser to the top of the comb and cover it with an Allen ammo sleeve to get the correct eye-to-scope alignment. Now the bolt can't be removed unless I untape this hack. ;*(

But, at the moment it's a very expensive bullseye eraser platform for testing ammo it likes/dislikes.

The factory stock is due for its Boyd's MKII Green Pro Varmint Stock with Adjustable Comb replacement any day now.

YMMV

Shoot 'lizbeth. Shoot! - Troy Landry