Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter View Post
It surprises me that a Birch is only 2.6 pounds (2#lb 9.55oz). That is only 5.6-9.6oz heavier than a standard McMillan. With judicious drilling in the butt, the difference could be even less, and the balance still good.
Is that McMillan weight you quoted with or without bottom metal attached?
I had to weigh the accustocks with the bottom metal, trigger guard and screws(no magazine) because I had to get it over 1Kg for my scale (triple beam balance) to work.
After 600G the 1KG equivalent was the only accessory weight that I had for the balance I used, and the accustock without the bottom metal, metal trigger guard and screws was over 610G (my scales max without accessory weights) and under 1KG (2.2#) so I weighed the accustocks with the bottom metal and metal trigger guards to get the weight into a range I could read.
For a legitimate comparison stocks should be weighed with bottom metal and trigger guard for an accurate comparison to the accustocks I listed.
I guess I should go back and weigh the bottom metal and trigger guards and subtract that weight from my figures.