Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
Maybe 2 or 3 at the most. Usually go with something in mind. Like checking accuracy of my loads or sorting out a new round. One thing I always have to remember: "Make sure you have the ammo for each rig you bring". Been known to leave ammo at home.
When I get bug holes, I'am done with that rig.
Bring too many rifles and you don't concentrate on what you went to the range for.
Use to meet me shooting buddy (brother from another Mother) at the range early in the AM, shoot a load of ammo then go do lunch together. He's an hour and a half away so now we'll meet half way for coffee when we can. He has medical issues so we don't even do that anymore. Things REALLY need to change. Been at least a year since I've fired a round. LOTS of rifle building but no shooting.
I'll repeat, things REALLY need to change.
Don't think I've ever forgot my ammo, but at least 2-3 times I year I manage to leave the detachable magazine(s) for a rifle or rifles at home. I'm fortunate that I only live about a mile from the range as the crow flies, but still sucks to have to pack everything back up, run home, then go back and unpack again.

On another note, did you get the PM I sent you last week?