Thread: New twist on MkII extraction problem- now cases won't eject.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Sometimes all the components are not aligned 100% with each other. The ejector could be slightly too far away from the bolt face, just hitting the outside of the rim, letting it fall instead of flipping. It is easy to adjust by loosening the screws and pushing the ejector tip closer to the center of the bolt face, then re tightening. This also goes for magazine placement.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    lol, i just bought one and its doing exactly this. i'm bummed. my last one was flawless. i'm not lubing ammo, its a 22 plinker.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    Sometimes all the components are not aligned 100% with each other. The ejector could be slightly too far away from the bolt face, just hitting the outside of the rim, letting it fall instead of flipping. It is easy to adjust by loosening the screws and pushing the ejector tip closer to the center of the bolt face, then re tightening. This also goes for magazine placement.
    Th k you for this information. Never once considered what you mention here, just assumed that would be set from the factory. That being said, ejection has never been the issue until now. Extraction was the problem. That’s been fixed with the replacement parts, but I have a suspicion that it may return once these parts wear a bit. Like I mentioned, things were perfect for 60rds or so.

thanks again for the insight.

As an experiment I'm going to run the "two spring fix" at the range tomorrow. I have read that the second spring cut outs won't engage the extractor and guide rod but mine will engage one or the other, but not both. I ran a few rounds from a mag into the chamber and ejected them without firing. Seems like a really rigged solution but I guess tomorrow will tell.? If it runs, it runs. We will see.

Wasn’t able to shoot today but I did work some more teying to get the second spring on the bolt. I filed one spring a bit but still couldn’t get it to fully fit. After thinking some more I may just shoot it again without the second spring and see how it goes. If I have more issues I’ll just call Savage again and see what they say.