I also recently bought one and never told my wife and also am not trying to hide it either. When I was younger I would buy but never sell any gun I had, I had several when we married 40 years ago and I bought a Remington pump because I wanted one and as she was a city girl I got her to go with me a few times. She enjoyed it so we bought her a 243 Remington auto and she has killed a bunch of deer with it and still is the only gun she wants to shoot. As I have gotten older and don"t hunt as much, I have sold a few I haven't shot in years and put the money in a gun fund. That is what I use now to buy barrels that I use in my 2 Axis, Stevens 200 sa and 111 la, she doesn't care if I buy parts to swap around but that usually comes out of the gun fund. The only gun I would have to talk to her about is the 243 that is hers. This is second marriage for both of us and we have always trusted each other when it comes to finances, she worked like I did and we retired at the same time so we spend a lot of time together - hard to hide things when you are together as much as we are.